37th Conference on Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics
MFPS XXXVII (MFPS 2021)
MFPS conferences are dedicated to the areas of mathematics, logic, and computer science that are related to models of computation in general, and to semantics of programming languages in particular. This is a forum where researchers in mathematics and computer science can meet and exchange ideas. The participation of researchers in neighbouring areas is strongly encouraged.
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following: bio-computation; concurrent qualitative and quantitative distributed systems; process calculi; probabilistic systems; constructive mathematics; domain theory and categorical models; formal languages; formal methods; game semantics; lambda calculus; programming-language theory; quantum computation; security; topological models; logic; type systems; type theory. We also welcome contributions that address applications of semantics to novel areas such as complex systems, markets, and networks, for example.
June 7: Paper Submission June 14 (NEW)
- August 2: Notification
- August 16: Final Papers Deadline
All dates are “Anywhere on Earth”.
Invited Speakers and Organizers of Special Sessions
MFPS 2021 continues the tradition of having an exciting group of invited speakers and organizers of special sessions.
- Sandra Alves, University of Porto, Portugal
- Henning Basold, University of Leiden, Netherlands
- Andrej Bauer, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Stephen Brookes, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Corina Cirstea, University of Southampton, UK
- Fabio Gadducci, University of Pisa, Italy
- Ichiro Hasuo, NII, Japan
- Helle Hvid Hansen, University of Groningen, Netherlands
- Justin Hsu, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA
- Patricia Johann, Appalachian State University, USA
- Achim Jung, University of Birmingham, UK
- Sandra Kiefer, RWTH Aachen University, Germany / University of Warsaw, Poland
- Barbara König, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Catherine Meadows, NRL, USA
- Michael Mislove, Tulane University, USA
- Joel Ouaknine, Max Planck Institute for Software Systems, Germany
- Prakash Panangaden, McGill University Montreal, Canada
- Daniela Petrisan, IRIF, Paris 7, France
- Tatjana Petrov, University of Konstanz, Germany
- Jurriaan Rot, Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, UCL, UK
- Lutz Schröder, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
- Ana Sokolova, University of Salzburg, Austria (chair)
- Valeria Vignudelli, CNRS/ENS Lyon, France
The MFPS Organizers are Andrej Bauer, (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia), Stephen Brookes (Carnegie Mellon University, USA), Achim Jung, (University of Birmingham, UK), Catherine Meadows (NRL, USA), Michael Mislove (Tulane University, USA), Joel Ouaknine (Max Planck Institute for Software Systems, Germany), Prakash Panangaden (McGill University Montreal, Canada).
Submissions should be prepared using the ENTCS Macros, and should be up to 12 pages long excluding bibliography and appendices. Submissions will be via EasyChair.
Elsevier ceased publication of ENTCS at the end of 2020. ENTCS was the traditional publication venue for MFPS. Negotiations are underway to establish a new arrangement for MFPS proceedings publication going forward. The new venue will be announced as soon as arrangements are complete. We anticipate the formal proceedings of this year’s conference will be published after the meeting, as has been the tradition for MFPS for many years. A preliminary proceedings will be distributed to participants at the meeting.
For any further information about MFPS 2021, please contact Ana Sokolova (email@example.com).