9th Conference on Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science
The 9th Conference on Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science (CALCO 2021) takes place as a hybrid event virtually and in Salzburg, Austria on August 31 – September 3 2021.
CALCO aims to bring together researchers and practitioners with interests in foundational aspects, and both traditional and emerging uses of algebra and coalgebra in computer science.It is a high-level, bi-annual conference formed by joining the forces and reputations of CMCS (the International Workshop on Coalgebraic Methods in Computer Science), and WADT (the Workshop on Algebraic Development Techniques). Previous CALCO editions took place in Swansea (Wales, 2005), Bergen (Norway, 2007), Udine (Italy, 2009), Winchester (UK, 2011), Warsaw (Poland, 2013), Nijmegen (The Netherlands, 2015), Ljubljana (Slovenia, 2017) and London (United Kingdom, 2019).
The ninth edition will be held in Salzburg, Austria, colocated with MFPS XXXVII.
- June 3: Paper Submission
- July 29: Author Notification
- August 12: Final Version Due
- Zena M. Ariola (University of Oregon)
- Paolo Baldan (University of Padova)
- Rui Soares Barbosa (International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory)
- Luis Caires (NOVA University Lisbon)
- Francisco Durán (University of Málaga)
- Brendan Fong (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Fabrizio Romano Genovese (University of Pisa)
- Jules Hedges (University of Strathclyde, Glasgow)
- Thomas Hildebrandt (IT University of Copenhagen)
- Peter Jipsen (Chapman University)
- Wolfram Kahl (McMaster University)
- Marie Kerjean (CNRS — Laboratoire d’Informatique de Paris Nord)
- Jean Krivine (CNRS — University of Paris)
- Michele Loreti (University of Camerino)
- Sonia Marin (University College London)
- Manuel A. Martins (University of Aveiro)
- Annabelle McIver (Macquarie University)
- Hernan Melgratti (University of Buenos Aires)
- Koko Muroya (RIMS, Kyoto University)
- Elaine Pimentel (Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte)
- Elvinia Riccobene (University of Milan)
- Alex Simpson (University of Ljubljana)
- David I. Spivak (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Christine Tasson (Sorbonne University)
- Tarmo Uustalu (Reykjavik University/Tallinn U. of Technology)
- Maaike Zwart (University of Oxford)
- Rob van Glabbeek (Data61 – CSIRO)
Programme Committee Chairs
- Fabio Gadducci (University of Pisa)
- Alexandra Silva (University College London)
Best Paper and Best Presentation Awards
This edition of CALCO will feature two awards: a Best Paper Award, whose recipients will be selected by the PC before the conference, and a Best Presentation Award, elected by the participants.
All questions about submissions should be emailed to Fabio Gadducci (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alexandra Silva (email@example.com).